Murders & Acquisitions is available for purchase at DriveThruRPG.com.
Go HERE to buy a copy of Murders & Acquisitions. Don't forget to grab the free PDF support materials. There are also a few adventures available for a buck apiece.
Murders & Acquisitions is a light, fun RPG of espionage, subterfuge, theft, intrigue, and murder in an absurd corporate world. The world of M&A mimics our contemporary world but with a healthy dose of humor and exaggeration layered over it. Players portray characters who want to rise up the corporate ladder by any means necessary. Thievery. Political intrigue. Espionage. Sabotage. Killing your rivals. It's all fair game in an over-the-top corporate world.
The Murders & Acquisitions game book is a wholly self-contained RPG experience. Within its pages you'll find everything you need to play the game. It includes character creation rules, full dice system rules, world and setting information, GM guidelines, and story creation tools. Additionally, it contains five chapters of optional, plug-and-play rules that you can use to inject a variety of fantastical elements into your M&A games.
- Magic & Spellcasting
- Monsters & Templates
- Future Tech
- Cosmic Horror
- Apocalypses & Mutations
Play the base game or mix and match these rules to create a unique game world everyone can enjoy. The possibilities are nearly endless.
For example, if you're a fan of the Angel TV show, you can combine the base rules with some of the Spellcasting rules, some Monsters, and a few choice bits of Cosmic Horror to replicate Angel and portray lawyers working at Wolfram & Hart.
PDF Support Materials
There are a variety of PDF support materials for M&A available at the NerdBurger Games page at DriveThruRPG.com. These materials aren't necessary to play the game, but they can certainly help. They include the following.
- Character Sheet - A form-fillable PDF character sheet.
- Supervisor (GM) Screen Inserts - This two-page supplement (available in portrait and landscape orientations) provides the GM with quick access to all the most important M&A game information. You can print the pages on heavy cardstock or place them in the sleeves of generic GM screens for easy use.
- Rules One-Sheet- A simple one-sheet rules summary, ideal for new players or as a handy reference at the game table.
- Pre-Generated Characters - Five pre-generated character sheets (form-fillable PDFs) featuring the five archetype characters described in the rule book. Ideal for quick pick-up-and-play scenarios.
- Adventures - A variety of pre-written adventures of corporate mischief and mayhem. These adventures were culled from the wide variety of adventures we sent to playtesters during the game's development phase. Ready-to-go adventures for trying out the game or for inserting into longer campaigns.
M&A spent nearly three years in development, being playtested by dozens of RPG lovers and demoed by well over one hundred convention and game day attendees. In May of 2016, we put the game up on Kickstarter to fund final artwork, editing, and layout. Successful funding resulted in a final game book 176 pages long.
We at NerdBurger Games offer our most sincere and heartfelt thanks to the 263 Kickstarter backers who helped make Murders & Acquisitions a reality. You can visit the game's Kickstarter page HERE.
You can dig back thru the Blog page to see all sorts of stuff about how Craig developed Murders & Acquisitions.