Plans are formulating to create a series of short supplements for CAPERS over the course of the next many months.
First up is CAPERS Noir, a supplement advancing the core game to the 1940s and shifting focus from Prohibition (which is ended) to crime noir drama and adventure. Gangsters and law enforcement characters treading the slippery slopes of darkness and corruption, both of the world and of the soul. Additionally, this version of the world includes ghosts, Hydes, and other Victorian age monsters translated to the 1940s. The following things are tentatively on the docket for this supplement.
- A description of how to use the content in this supplement with the CAPERS core rules.
- An overview of the era.
- Expanded rules for investigation, moral slippery slopes, and dealing with monsters.
- New character options like conditional Powers (abilities your character can have that are dependent on drinking a concoction or being in a particular situation), and how the "darkness" of the setting can both touch you and be harnessed by you.
- A series of new Powers that fit the setting, like Contact Spirit, Light Manipulation, Shadow Manipulation, and the like.
- GM info, including how to run a crime noir game, using light and darkness in the game, and "Bumps in the NIght," the Victorian age style monsters that share the world with you.
- A complete backdrop setting for Los Angeles, including info on the city as well as notable organizations, locales, and people.
- A bunch of new NPCs for use in the setting.
- The Spirit World, a mirror reflection of our real world where dead things "live."
If you have suggestions for anything you'd like to see in this supplement, pop over to my Facebook Page and chime in.